The Tuileries Garden
is a public garden located between the Louvre
Museum and the Place de la Concorde
in the 1st arrondissement
. Created by Catherine de Medicis
as the garden of the Tuileries Palace
in 1564, it was first opened to the public in 1667, and became a public park after the French Revolution
. In the 19th and 20th century, it was the place where Parisians celebrated, met, promenaded, and relaxed.